IIT JAM Syllabus 2018 Pdf download link will be available here. Aspirants who are preparing for the exam can download IIT JAM 2018 Syllabus through online. Also, check the exam pattern along with Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics Syllabus for Joint Admission Test for M.Sc. (JAM).
IIT JAM Syllabus PDF Download
Are you looking for the direct link to get Syllabus for Joint Admission Test for M.Sc? This is the finest gateway to grab the prescribed copy of IIT JAM Syllabus 2018.
Candidates have to approach in a well-defined way to crack the exam effectively. If aspirants have clear idea regarding IIT JAM Syllabus and concerned topics of the course subjects, then the preparation for the Entrance Exam becomes smooth. Engineering Graduates who want to pursue M.Sc/P.hD from a premier IIT’s or IISc must have look for IIT JAM 2018 Syllabus. So, applicants have to download IIT JAM Syllabus Pdf through the direct link provided below.
JAM 2018 Syllabus – jam.iitd.ac.in
|IIT JAM Exam 2018|
|Name of the Conducting Body||IIT Delhi|
|Exam Name||Joint Admission test for M.Sc Programme|
|Level of Exam||National Level|
|Exam date||February 2018|
IIT JAM Syllabus Pdf & Exam Pattern
The IIT JAM (Joint Admission Test for Masters) is an entrance exam for the admission into M.Sc and other Post B.Sc programs at Indian Institute of Technology (IITs) and Indian Institute of Science (IISC), Banglore. The officials will soon invite the application forms through online mode. Candidates who are willing to appear for the exam have to fill & submit the application form before the deadline. After the successful registration for the exam, candidates can start your preparation with the help of IIT JAM Syllabus 2018. So, we have provided the syllabus through the below sections on this page.
IIT JAM Exam Pattern 2018
- JAM Exam will have seven test papers namely Biological Sciences (BL), Biotechnology (BT), Chemistry (CY), Geology (CG), Mathematics (MA), Mathematical statistics (MS), Physics (PH).
- The duration of the exam for each paper is 2 hours 30 minutes.
- JAM Exam is conducted in online mode only.
- Candidates can appear for one or two test papers by paying an additional fee for the second paper.
- Each paper consists of three sections. Section A, Section B & Section C.
- Section A consists of 30 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) carrying one or two marks each.
- Each question has four choices out of which only one choice is the correct answer.
- Candidates have to mark the answers by clicking on the correct choices.
- Section B consists of 10 Multiple Select questions (MSQ) carrying 2 marks each.
- MSQ is same as that of MCQ but the only difference is that there may be one or more correct answers out of four given choices.
- Aspirants have to mark the answers by clicking on the choices.
- Section C consists of Numerical Answer Type Questions carrying one or two marks each.
- For NAT questions, candidates have to enter the real number through virtual keyboard on the monitor.
- There will be no choices for the questions.
- In all sections, there will be zero marks for unattempted questions.
- In section A, there is a negative marking.
- For 1 mark questions, 1/3rd of the mark is reduced where as the 2/3rd mark is deducted for 2 mark questions.
- In Section B& C, there is no negative marking and partial marking.
jam.iitd.ac.in Biological Science Syllabus Pdf
- General Biology: Taxonomy of plants and animals; pro-and eukaryotic organisms; cell organelles and their function; multicellular organization; general physiology; energy transformations; internal transport systems of plants and animals; photosynthesis; respiration; regulation of body fluids and excretory mechanisms; reproductive biology; plant and animal hormones and their action; nervous systems; animal behavior; plant and animal diseases; Mendelian genetics and heredity; basics of developmental biology; biology of populations and communities; evolution; basic principles of ecology; genesis and diversity of organisms
- Basics of Biochemistry, Biophysics, Molecular Biology: Buffers; trace elements in biological systems; enzymes and proteins; vitamins; biological oxidations, photosynthesis; carbohydrates and lipids and their metabolism; digestion and absorption; detoxifying mechanisms; nucleic acids; nucleic acid metabolism; nature of gene and its function; genetic code; synthesis of nucleic acids and proteins; regulation of gene expression; operons. Structure of biomolecules; intra and intermolecular forces; thermodynamics and kinetics of biological systems; enzyme mechanisms and kinetics; principles of X-ray diffraction; IR- and UV- spectroscopy; analytical and biochemical techniques Microbiology, Cell Biology and Immunology: Classification of microorganisms and their characterization; nutrient requirement for growth; laboratory techniques in microbiology; pathogenic microorganisms and disease; applied microbiology; viruses and fungi; microbial genetics; cell theory; cell architecture; types of chromosome structure; cell division; biochemical genetics- inborn errors of metabolisms; innate and adaptive immunity, antigen antibodies; principles of processes of development.
- Mathematical Sciences: Mathematical functions (algebraic, exponential, trigonometric) and their derivatives (derivatives and integrals of simple functions); permutations and combinations; basic probability and volumetric calculations
IIT JAM Biotechnology Syllabus
Biology (10+2+3 level)
- General Biology: Taxonomy; Heredity; Genetic variation; Conservation; Principles of ecology; Evolution; Techniques in modern biology.
- Biochemistry and Physiology: Carbohydrates; Proteins; Lipids; Nucleic acids; Enzymes; Vitamins; Hormones; Metabolism; Photosynthesis. Nitrogen Fixation, Fertilization, and Osmoregulation; Nervous system; Endocrine system; Vascular system; Immune system; Digestive system, Reproductive System.
- Basic Biotechnology: Tissue culture; Application of enzymes; Antigen-antibody interaction; Antibody production; Diagnostic aids.
- Molecular Biology: DNA; RNA; Replication; Transcription; Translation; Proteins; Lipids; Membranes; Gene transfer.
- Cell Biology: Cell cycle; Cytoskeletal elements; Mitochondrial; Endoplasmic reticulum; chloroplast; Golgi apparatus; Signaling.
- Microbiology: Isolation; Cultivation; Characterization and enumeration of the virus; Bacteria; Fungi; Protozoa; Pathogenic micro-organisms.
IIT JAM 2018 Syllabus – Chemistry (10+2+3 level)
- Atomic Structure: Bohr’s theory and Schrödinger wave equation; Periodicity in properties; Chemical bonding; Properties of s, p, d and block elements; Complex formation; Chemical equilibria; Coordination compounds; Chemical thermodynamics (first and second law); Chemical kinetics (zero, first, second and third order reactions); Photochemistry; Electrochemistry; Acid-base concepts; Stereochemistry of carbon compounds; Inductive, electrometric, conjugative effects and resonance;
- Chemistry of Functional Groups: Hydrocarbons, alkyl halides, alcohols, aldehydes, ketones, carboxylic acids, amines and their derivatives; Aromatic hydrocarbons, halides, nitro and amino compounds, phenols, diazonium salts, carboxylic and sulphonic acids; Mechanism of organic reactions; Soaps and detergents; Synthetic polymers; Biomolecules – amino acids, proteins, nucleic acids, lipids and carbohydrates (polysaccharides); Instrumental techniques-chromatography (TLC, HPLC), electrophoresis, UV-Vis, IR and NMR spectroscopy, mass spectrometry, etc.
IIT JAM Mathematics Syllabus Pdf – (10+2 level)
- Relations and Functions,
- Mathematical Induction,
- Complex numbers,
- Linear and Quadratic Equations,
- Sequences and Series,
- Cartesian System of Rectangular Coordinates,
- Straight lines and Family,
- Conic Sections,
- Permutations and Combinations,
- Binomial Theorem,
- Exponential and Logarithmic Series,
- Mathematical Logic,
- Three Dimensional Geometry,
- Vectors, Stocks,
- Shares and Debentures,
- Average and Partition Values,
- Index numbers,
- Matrices and Determinants,
- Boolean Algebra,
- Limits and Continuity,
- Application of Derivatives,
- Definite and Indefinite Integrals,
- Differential Equations,
- Elementary Statics and Dynamics,
- Bill of Exchange,
- Linear Programming,
- Application of Calculus in Commerce and Economics.
IIT JAM Physics Syllabus 2018 Pdf – (10+2 level)
- Physical World and Measurement,
- Laws of Motion,
- Energy and Power,
- Current electricity,
- Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism,
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current,
- Electromagnetics Waves,
- Dual Nature of Matter and Radiations,
- Atomic Nucleus,
- Solids and Semiconductor Devices,
- Principles of Communication,
- Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body,
- Mechanics of Solids and Fluids,
- Heat and Thermodynamics,
JAM IIT Chemistry Syllabus Pdf download | IIT JAM Syllabus
- Basic Mathematical Concepts: Differential equations, vectors, and matrices.
- Atomic Structure: Fundamental particles. Bohr’s theory of hydrogen atom; Wave-particle duality; Uncertainty principles; Schrodinger’s wave equation; Quantum numbers, shapes of orbitals; Hund’s rule and Pauli’s exclusion principle.
- Theory of Gases: Kinetic theory of gases. Maxwell-Boltzmann distribution law; Equipartition of energy.
- Chemical Thermodynamics: Reversible and irreversible processes; First law and its application to ideal and nonideal gases; Thermochemistry; Second law; Entropy and free energy, Criteria for spontaneity.
- Chemical and Phase Equilibria: Law of mass action; Kp, Kc, Kx and Kn; Effect of temperature on K; Ionic equilibria in solutions; pH and buffer solutions; Hydrolysis; Solubility product; Phase equilibria–Phase rule and its application to one-component and two-component systems; Colligative properties.
- Electrochemistry: Conductance and its applications; Transport number; Galvanic cells; EMF and Free energy; Concentration cells with and without transport; Polarography.
- Chemical Kinetics: Reactions of various order, Arrhenius equation, Collision theory; Theory of absolute reaction rate; Chain reactions – Normal and branched chain reactions; Enzyme kinetics; Photophysical and photochemical processes; Catalysis.
IIT JAM Chemistry Syllabus – ORGANIC CHEMISTRY | IIT JAM Syllabus
- Basic Concepts in Organic Chemistry and Stereochemistry: Isomerism and nomenclature, electronic (resonance and inductive) effects. Optical isomerism in compounds containing one and two asymmetric centers, designation of absolute configuration, conformations of cyclohexanes.
- Aromaticity and Huckel’s rule: Mono and bicyclic aromatic hydrocarbons.
- Organic Reaction Mechanism and Synthetic Applications: Methods of preparation and reactions of alkanes, alkenes, alkynes, arenas and their simple functional derivatives. Mechanism and synthetic applications of electrophilic aromatic substitution. Stereochemistry and mechanism of aliphatic nucleophilic substitution and elimination reactions. Mechanism of aldol condensation, Claisen condensation, esterification and ester hydrolysis, Cannizzaro reaction, benzoin condensation. Perkin reaction, Claisen rearrangement, Beckmann rearrangement and Wagner-Meerwein rearrangement. Synthesis of simple molecules using standard reactions of organic chemistry. Grignard reagents, acetoacetic and malonic ester chemistry.
- Natural Products Chemistry: Introduction to the following classes of compounds-alkaloids, terpenes, carbohydrates, amino acids, peptides and nucleic acids.
- Heterocyclic Chemistry: Monocyclic compounds with one hetero atom.
- Qualitative Organic Analysis: Functional group interconversions, structural problems using chemical reactions, identification of functional groups by chemical tests.
IIT JAM Chemistry Syllabus Pdf – INORGANIC CHEMISTRY
- Periodic Table: Periodic classification of elements and periodicity in properties; general methods of isolation and purification of elements.
- Chemical Bonding and Shapes of Compounds: Types of bonding; VSEPR theory and shapes of molecules; hybridization; dipole moment; ionic solids; Structure of NaCl, CsCl, diamond, and graphite; lattice energy.
- Main Group Elements (s and p blocks): Chemistry with Emphasis on group relationship and gradation in properties; Structure of electron deficient compounds of main group elements and application of main group elements.
- Transition Metals (d block): Characteristics of 3d elements; oxide, Hydroxide, and salts of first row metals; coordination complexes; VB and Crystal Field theoretical approaches for structure, color and magnetic properties of metal complexes.
- Analytical Chemistry: Principles of qualitative and quantitative analysis; acid-base, oxidation-reduction, and precipitation reactions; use of indicators; use of organic reagents in an inorganic analysis; radioactivity; nuclear reactions; applications of isotopes
We have provided here the details regarding IIT JAM Syllabus Pdf only for the convenience purpose of the candidates. Our team will update here the further details of the exam soon after the official release. So, we suggest the aspirants stay tuned to our site dailygovtjobs.in for Various Exams.
Important Links and Downloads :
Bookmark our website www.dailygovtjobs.in for further updates by Clicking CTRL+D. If there will be any update on this topic, we will provide it here on this web page. Here we are to update latest Job Recruitment’s as well as all Government Job Notifications and etc.So, Aspirants who are looking for enter into Government organisations here is the good opportunity to know about complete details regarding all latest Govt Notifications from all states directly from this web site can use above link. The Cut off Marks, Result, and Final Merit List related details will be updated by us on this website once the all recruitment boards publish.